Join our family! The Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum provides unique enriched learning opportunities that bring Louisiana’s maritime history to life. Please help us make the Maritime Museum the pride of the Basin. The Maritime Museum depends upon community support to operate, restore the Tchefuncte River Light Station, and develop new hands-on programs and exhibits. Your partnership with the Maritime Museum will help bring Louisiana’s unique maritime history and culture to the public. Browse our website to see the current programs and events being offered. Help support these efforts by becoming a member.
All members enjoy:
- Unlimited free visits to the LPB Maritime Museum Exhibits
- Special discounts, including 20% off on all items in the Museum Gift Shop
- Updates via the quarterly e-newsletter, Shipways, and periodic emails. Be sure to provide us a valid email address.
- Invitations to special Maritime Museum programs and events
- Special volunteer opportunities (archaeology, lighthouse restoration, school field trips, educational programs, gift shop) and volunteer get togethers
- Fun and camaraderie at a broad spectrum of events held each year
- Joy of meeting people of all backgrounds that share common interests
- Pride in helping the museum bring Louisiana’s unique maritime heritage to life!
Annual memberships are offered at the following levels:
Family- $50: Basic member benefits for two adults and free admission for their children under 18.
Individual- $30: Basic benefits for one person.
Student/Veteran/Senior- $20: Basic benefits for one person.
You can purchase or renew your annual membership using the “Pay Now” button below, or by printing the Membership Form and mailing it to us with your payment.
Your gift is tax deductible and your participation is priceless. Thank you.
When you purchase a membership we will send you a membership card(s) in the mail. Please allow 3-6 weeks for delivery of your new membership card. Your membership is effective from the month of purchase until one year later. If you wish to visit the museum before receiving your card please inform the staff of the name used to purchase the membership.
The Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum, Inc. is an IRS 501(c)(3) educational non-profit organization. Our mission is to provide an education and research center to collect, interpret, and preserve the maritime history and culture of Louisiana, including Lake Pontchartrain, the Gulf Coast, and the Lower Mississippi River Basin.